To turn a standard image script into a CSIM script the first thing
needed to do is to supply the appropriate URL targets for the hotspots
in the image.
What the hotspots represent depends on the type of plot you are
doing. The following plot types and graph areas support image maps.
- Line plots. Markers are hotspots.
- Scatter plot. Markers are hotspots.
- Pie Plots and 3D Pie plots. Each slice is a hotspot
- All types of Bar graphs. Each bar is a hotspot
- Text strings, for example titles and title of axis
To specify a link for each hotspot you have to use the
SetCSIMTargets() method for each plot (or specific area) in the
graph which should be a hotspot.
There are two arguments to this method
- $aTargets, an array of valid URL targets. One URL per hot spot, for
example if you have a 10 values bar plot you need 10 URLs. If the
SetCSIMTarget() is applied to, for example, a text then of course only
one URL target should be specified.
- $aAlts, an array of valid alt-texts. Many browsers (but not all)
will show this text string if the mouse hovers over a hotspot.